slow cooked pork belly strips recipe
Basic ingredients for slow cooked pork belly strips recipe
- 2 pounds pork belly slab
- 6 cloves garlic minced Finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup pepper
- r 1/2 teaspoon salt Oil or choice
How to make slow cooked pork belly strips recipe
- Pre-heat the oven to 200F.
- Use a paper towel to dry the pork’s skin. Next, use a fork/skewer to poke the skin making small holes across the entire surface. If more moisture has escaped, dry the skin with a paper towel.
- Flip the pork over so that the skin side is facing down. Cut the pork in a shallow fashion perpendicularly to the meat, about 1 inch apart. Be careful not to remove the skin layer.
- Mix garlic and oyster sauce in a small bowl
- Season the pork belly with garlic salt, pepper, and paprika. To coat, rub the oyster sauce mixture on top.
- Place the skin side down on a piece of foil. To keep the pork juices from drying out, fold the foil along the four edges.
- Put the pork belly in an air fryer for 30 minutes. This will dry the skin and make it crispier. After the skin is dry, sprinkle salt on it and apply a thin layer of oil to it.
- Turn the heat up to 400F, and continue cooking for 40 minutes.
- Take the air fryer out and use the lines that were precut. Enjoy!