lasagna recipe for 4 people
Basic ingredients for lasagna recipe for 4 people
- 1 lb (454g) lean ground meat1 lb (454g) mild Italian sausage
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 2 Tbsp lightly chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp Granulated Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp dried Oregano
- 1/4 Tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 24 oz (680g) Pasta sauce
How to make lasagna recipe for 4 people
- Place olive oil and small chopped onions in a saucepan. Stir until the onions are softened and cooked.
- After this, In the same pot, add lean ground beef, Italian meat, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper powder, red pepper flakes, dried oregano, dried oregano, and 1 Tbsp lightly dried basil.
- Now Cook on medium heat until meat is browned
- After the meat has been cooked, drain the fat.
- Add pasta sauce and water to the meat.
- Combine well
- Bring the meat sauce to a boil, then cover it with a lid. Now let it simmer gently for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the meat sauce from the stove after 20 minutes and set aside until ready for use
- Mix egg, ricotta, 1 Tbsp light dried parsley, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese in a large bowl.
- Combine the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese with the parmesan cheese in a large bowl.
- You should now have your meat sauce and ricotta cheese combination in three separate bowls.
- ASSEMBLY:Place 3 lasagna noodles no-boil (or 4, if you prefer a smaller size noodle) on top. You should leave enough space between the noodles to allow them to expand when they bake.
- Spread half of the ricotta cheese mixture onto the noodles.
- Sprinkle 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese mixture evenly.
- Add 1 1/2 to 2 cups meat sauce, and spread it evenly.
- Add one layer more lasagna noodles. Next, top the remaining meat sauce with lasagna noodles.
- Wrap aluminum foil tightly around the pan and bake at 375oF/190oC for 45 minutes
- Continue baking for another 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- After lasagna is cooked, take it out of the oven and let it cool for 20-25 minutes. Now This will make it easier to cut into squares.
- This lasagna can be made in 9-12 slices. Enjoy this lasagna recipe for 4 people.
NOTE: For a saucier lasagna, add 12 oz of pasta sauce
8 oz (236.5mL) water or low-sodium beef broth (16 oz) mozzarella cheese shredded (3 oz 84 g), parmesan cheese grated (15 oz (425g)) 1 large egg 1 package of no-boil lasagna noodles
NOTE: I only used 9 lasagna noodles from a 12-ounce store-brand 12 oz. box. The number of lasagna noodles you use will depend on their brand and size.