rhubarb and strawberry crumble
Basic ingredients for rhubarb and strawberry crumble
- for the syrup: 1 cup sugar,
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch,
- 1 cup water,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- for throwing: 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chilled butter
How to make rhubarb and strawberry crumble
- Combine all dry ingredients and then add butter. Use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the mixture until it forms coarse crumbs and there are no buttery bits. Half of the crumble should be popped into a 9×9-inch greased pan. Place the crumble in a greased 9×9 pan. Spread the crumble crust with rhubarb, strawberries, and honey. Spread the strawberries and rhubarb evenly. Pour the prepared syrup over it. Add the remaining crumbs to the top. Bake9x9-inch oven at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. The crumble will firm up and bubble around the edges. Allow to cool, then serve at room temperature or warm.
- For the syrup:Mix the sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Cook the mixture over medium heat until it thickens. After this, the mixture has thickened, turn off the heat and add vanilla. Vanilla will lose its flavor if it is added to the mixture too quickly. Set aside.