strawberry gateau recipe
Basic ingredients for strawberry gateau recipe
- 1-pound fresh strawberries, hulled
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 11/2 cups granulated butter
- 1/4 cup sour milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Strawberry extract
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 ounces instant strawberry jelly
- 2 cups powdered Sugar
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 8 1/2 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
How to make strawberry gateau recipe
- First of all, Place strawberries in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth. Place the mixture in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Now Let the mixture simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The reduced strawberry puree should yield just under 1 cup. You can save the rest for the frosting and cake batter.
- Lightly grease two 9-inch baking pans. Place parchment paper on the bottom. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, vegetable oil, and sugar until smooth. This should take about 2 minutes. Add 1 cup strawberry puree, sour milk, vanilla, and strawberry extracts to the batter. You can use any strawberry puree leftover (up to 1/4 cup) for the frosting.
- Combine the buttermilk and eggs in a bowl. Set aside. Mix the cake flour, baking powder, salt, and in a separate bowl. 6 Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Mix until well combined. Mix in half the milk mixture. Continue to add 1/3 of the dry ingredients, until well combined.
- After this, add the rest of the milk mixture. Mix the remaining dry ingredients into the mixer. Now Use a rubber spatula or a hand mixer to combine the mixture. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl to ensure everything is well combined.
- Now Divide the batter equally between the prepared pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Strawberry Chantilly cream: Use a hand mixer in a large bowl to whip cream and vanilla extract. While mixing, slowly add strawberry jello.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup powdered sugar to the cream until it reaches soft peaks. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Combine cream cheese, mascarpone, and 1/4 cup strawberry puree in a separate bowl. Beat until smooth and whipped, approximately 2 minutes. Mix in 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar.
- After this, Use a rubber spatula or a whisk to fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream mixture.