red pepper and sweet potato soup mary berry
Basic ingredients for red pepper and sweet potato soup mary berry
- 4-5 Sweet Potatoes
- 2-3 Red Bell Peppers
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Paprika Onion Powder & Garlic Powder & Oregano
- A splash of Heavy Cream & A knob of Butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup Chicken Stock, depending on your needs
How to make red pepper and sweet potato soup mary berry
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Make a medium-sized (rough chop) cut in the sweet potato and red bell pepper. The smaller the cut, the faster the vegetables will roast. If you’re in a hurry, cut the vegetables into small pieces.
- Now Place vegetables in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Season vegetables with salt and pepper, and oregano. paprika. Onion powder. Garlic powder. Sprinkle all seasonings generously on the vegetables. Finally, drizzle olive oil evenly over all the vegetables. Toss together the vegetables to coat them evenly. Then flatten them into a layer.
- Roast vegetables until they are tender enough to be cut with a butter knife.
- After vegetables have been roasted, use a high-speed blender to blend the vegetables with chicken stock and some cream.
- Once everything has been blended, pour it into a large pot. Remember If the soup becomes too thick, you can add some chicken stock to thin it. You can also add a little more cream if you prefer the soup to be richer.
- Once your soup has been cooked, taste it and add any additional seasonings if necessary.
- Enjoy! Serve with a side salad or sandwich for a complete meal. You can also serve it with crusty bread for dipping.