apple and raspberry crumble
Basic ingredients for apple and raspberry crumble
- Apple Stew: two large green apples, peeled & diced
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Water
- Cake :1 1/3 cups self-rising flour 50g
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp Cinnamon 150g
- 3/4 cup softened butter 160g
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 large egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract 125ml
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cinnamon Crunch:3/4 cup all-purpose flour 65g
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 100g
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled Raspberry
- Layer: 150g 1 Cup frozen raspberries
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- To serve:Whipped cream (optional), Powdered sugar (optional)
- Stewed apples
How to make apple and raspberry crumble
- Place the water, sugar, lemon juice, and apples in a medium saucepan. Heat on medium heat. Cook the apples for about 5-6 minutes, or until all liquid is evaporated and they are tender. Allow cooling.
- Bake: Heat your oven to 170°C/340°F. Oil spray an 8-inch springform pan and line it with baling paper. Set aside. Now Mix the flours, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Stir until well combined. Set aside. Now Mix the butter, sugar, and egg in a large bowl. It should take approximately 5 minutes. Mix the eggs with the milk on medium speed until combined. Add the vanilla extract, and milk, and mix again. Mix again until everything is well combined. Mix the dry ingredients into the bowl and stir until combined. Bake the batter in a springform pan for 20 minutes.
- Cinnamon Crumble – While the cake bakes, combine the flour, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Whisk to combine. Mix the chilled butter with the dry ingredients. Use your hands or a pastry knife to combine the butter until it looks like lentil-sized pieces.
- Raspberry Layer: Add the frozen raspberries and corn starch to a small bowl. Mix until well coated. After the 20-minute baking time has expired, remove the cake from the oven and add the stewed apple slices to the top. Next, add the coated raspberries, then the crumble. Bake an additional 30 minutes. Let the cake cool completely. Serve the cake with whipped cream, powdered sugar, and sliced.