mary berry simnel cake with apricots
Basic ingredients for mary berry simnel cake with apricots
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste/extract
- 1 tbsp orange bloom water
- 1/2 cup allulose/sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking sugar
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, cranberries
- 500g marzipan Bake for 30 minutes 350F 1/4 cup apricot jelly Broil for about 3 minutes
How to make mary berry simnel cake with apricots
- First, crack four eggs into a large bowl. beat them until they are super fluffy and frothy. After this, The zest of one orange can be added. If you don’t own these handy zesters, you can use a cheese grater.
- Now Mix the ingredients with 1 tbsp vanilla extract and 1/2 stick butter. Add 1/2 cup sugar, or allulose, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1 half cup finely ground almond flour. Combine well.
- Add the cherries. Measure the parchment paper using the cake pan. Butter the parchment paper to cover the bottom. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. The marzipan comes in a block. Now it’s time to shape the marzipan.
- Roll the marzipan until it is 1.4 inches thick. Cut thin slices. Use the cake pan to guide you in cutting the marzipan into perfect circles. The remaining pieces can be rolled into 11 balls. After the cake is out of the oven, remove the parchment paper and place the cake on a baking tray. Then, place the marzipan over the cake and then add the balls. Place the cake in the oven and broil for 3 minutes or until the marzipan browns.