recipe for cauliflower cheese
Basic ingredients for recipe for cauliflower cheese
- 1 large cauliflower (leaves removed), cut into pieces
- 500ml Milk
- 4 tbsp flour
- 50g Butter
- 100g Strong cheddar, grated
How to make recipe for cauliflower cheese
- Wash the cauliflower and break it apart. Boil for 15 minutes in a saucepan of cold water. Once the cauliflower is soft, drain it and put it in an oven-proof dish. Set aside while you prepare the creamy cheese sauce.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. After this butter has melted, add the flour to the pan and stir for 10 minutes.
- To avoid lumps, gradually add the milk. After you have added all of the milk, add the cheese and stir until it is smooth. Salt to taste.
- After this, Pour the sauce over the cauliflower, making sure that every floret is covered with cheesy goodness.
- Now Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the top turns golden brown and crisp at a temperature of 250C/482F.