caramel custard recipe
Basic ingredients for caramel custard recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 2 yolks
- 6 Tbsp (77.5 g) of granulated sugar (caster sugar),
- 2 cups (450mL), 2% milk
- 1 Tsp (5. ML) vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Caramel 3TBSP (45 mL),
- water 1/2 cup (100g)
- granulated sugar (caster sugar), 1 Tsp (5. ML) lemon juice Recipe
How to make caramel custard recipe
- Preheat the oven to 300 F. Four 5-ounce (150ml) ramekins should be placed in a pan with sides that are just as tall as the ramekins.
- Now Mix the egg yolks and whole eggs in a large bowl. Add the sugar to the bowl. Now add the milk to the bowl and stir. Next, add the vanilla extract and salt. After this, Allow the mixture to cool before straining it.
- Bring the sugar, lemon juice, and water to a boil on high heat. Do not stir.
- Now Continue to boil until the mixture turns amber. To prevent the sugar from crystallizing, brush the sides of your pot occasionally with water while it boils. Equally, pour the caramel into each of the four ramekins. Let cool a minute.
- If you see any bubbles on the custard surface, scoop them out. Now Slowly pour the custard mixture into the ramekins. Wipe off any excess bubbles using a paper towel. Boil water in a large saucepan until it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake the pan for 30-35 minutes until a skewer inserted in the center of the custard comes clean. The ramekins should be removed immediately from the water bath. Allow them to cool on a rack for at least three hours. Now Use a palette knife to run around the ramekins’ inner edges. Invert the ramekin by placing a dessert plate on top. Take the ramekin out and place the custard and caramel on the dessert plate.