recipe for duck in orange sauce jamie Oliver
Basic ingredients for recipe for duck in orange sauce jamie oliver
- 1.8 kg Duck
- 4 Oranges
- 95g Light Brown Sugar
- 125ml Cider vinegar
- 80ml Grand Marnier
- 30-g Butter
How to make recipe for duck in orange sauce jamie oliver
- Take a half orange and cut it in half. Remove any fat and excess skin from the neck and tail. The breastbone is the area where you need to cut. To flatten the duck, open it up and press down on its pelvis.
- The orange halves can be used to rub the skin. To allow the fat to evaporate, place the duck on a rack placed in a roasting tray. Bake the duck for 45 minutes in a preheated oven at 150c/300f. To ensure that the duck is evenly brown, heat the sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- As the vinegar will foam, pour it in, keeping your back from the pan. This is normal because the temperature will suddenly drop and the melted sugar will turn to toffee.
- Continue stirring. After this, Bring this mixture to a boil and let it boil for 3 to 4minutes. Now Once the toffee has dissolved, add the orange juice. Bring the mixture back to boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Then, take the pan off the heat. After 45 minutes, take the duck out of the oven.
- Drain any excess fat from the pan. Turn the oven up to 180C or 350F. Once the duck is roasted, drizzle some orange sauce on top. Now return the duck to the oven for 45 minutes.
- Every 10 minutes, take the duck out of the oven and drizzle some more sauce on top. Now Remove the pan from the oven after 45 minutes.
- Transfer the duck to a plate and cover with foil. The fat should be removed from the pan. Next, strain the juices through the sieve and return them to the frying pan. Add the butter and orange zest. This should be heated on medium heat until it reaches a boil. Before serving, cut the duck in half along the spine. Transfer the pieces to plates and drizzle the orange sauce on top.