quickest ever lemon meringue pie
Basic ingredients for quickest ever lemon meringue pie
- FOR CRUST: 1 1/4 cup (150g) flour
- 2 tablespoons (13g) powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp (0.25ml), salt
- 1/2 cup (325ml), water
- 3/4 sugar (150g)
- 1/3 cup (30-40 ml), fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (30 g), butter
- MERIGNUE:1/3 cup (1 1/2 cups) of water
- 1/2 tsp (22.5 ml), Cream of Tartar
- 4 egg whites
How to make quickest ever lemon meringue pie
- First of all, Pulse together the flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Now Pulse in the butter until it forms a fine meal. Mix the egg yolk, and ice water and slowly add the mixture to the food processor.
- Pulse until you get a dough ball. Now Allow chilling in the refrigerator for at most one hour. After the dough has chilled, roll it out and place it in a tart pan. Put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (176C). Bake the tart for 35 minutes, removing the parchment paper. Allow to cooling
- Filling: Mix the egg yolks, salt, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Set aside.
- After this, Heat the sugar and water in a saucepan until they dissolve. Slowly add sugar water to the egg mixture and mix until well combined. The mixture should be transferred back to the saucepan.
- Now Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Add butter and lemon juice. Transfer to a pie shell and let cool in the refrigerator. Now Place sugar and water in a saucepan on high heat.
- Bring to boil. Now Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes until the mixture becomes syrupy. In a bowl, place egg whites and cream of tartar in the electric mixer. While the motor is running, whip on high until soft peak forms.
- Now, add the hot sugar syrup and whisk until stiff and glossy. Spread the meringue on the pie and make decorative swirls and swoops. After this, Broil the pie for one minute, or until it is golden brown. You can also brown the pie with a kitchen torch. Keep in the refrigerator until ready for use.