mary berry lemon meringue pie cheat
This lemon fridge tart is easy to make with just 5 ingredients! This simple dessert is similar to lemon meringue, but has the texture of a marshmallow tart with the tang of Schweppes dry lemon!
Basic ingredients for mary berry lemon meringue pie cheat
- 1 packet (200g) vanilla sandwich cookies
- 2 packets (150g each), white marshmallows
- 1 tube (1kg) double-cream plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60ml), Schweppes Lemon
- 1/2 tsp yellow coloring
- Serving suggestion: Schweppes Lemon zest Mint leaves
How to make mary berry lemon meringue pie cheat
- Grease a baking tray.
- Put the biscuits in a zip-seal container and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Place the chopped biscuits in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for one minute. Mix well, then sprinkle the crushed biscuits over the prepared dish. Use a bottom glass to press down the biscuits into an even layer.
- Place the marshmallows and the yogurt in a large heatproof bowl. Microwave it for 8 minutes at high heat. Stir every minute until combined.
- Put half the marshmallow mixture in a separate bowl. Now Keep it aside until you are ready to use it. Mix the Schweppes Dry Lemon with the yellow food coloring in another bowl. Stir until the mixture turns a pale yellow color. Place the yellow marshmallow filling on top of the biscuit base. Refrigerate the dish for 30 minutes.
- Take the dish out of the fridge and carefully pour the white marshmallow layer over it. For best results, place the dish back into the refrigerator to chill.
- After the tart has been set, take the dish out of the fridge and use the baking paper to lift it out. Slice the tart into 12 equal pieces and place it on a platter.
- Serve with lemon zest and mint leaves and a glass Schweppes Dry Lemon. Enjoy this mary berry lemon meringue pie cheat.