To soothe yourself after a hectic day, a soup bowl filled with pumpkin and leeks will do the trick.
Basic ingredients for pumpkin soup
- 300g red pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tbsps sliced leeks
- 1 medium onion, chopped into 1-inch dices
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- Salt to taste
- 2 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp smoked peppercorns for garnish Breadsticks to eat
How to make pumpkin soup
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil. Add chopped garlic and leaks. Saute for a few minutes.
- Sauté onion until translucent. Mix in the pumpkin. Add the rosemary leaves separately to the pan. Mix everything.
- Mix well with salt.
- Mix in 2 cups vegetable broth. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Now cover the saucepan and let it simmer for about 10-12 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Turn off the heat.
- Blend the pumpkin mixture until smooth. Strain the soup into a separate pan, and return it to heat.
- To adjust consistency, add the remaining stock. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix in crushed black peppercorns smoked paprika and salt. Allow boiling for a few minutes. Turn the heat down.
- Place the soup in a bowl. Garnish with crushed black peppercorns, toasted pumpkin seeds, and breadsticks.