polenta recipe by martha Stewart
Creamy polenta can be made in a matter of minutes and is basically the Italian equivalent to grits. This recipe is great for polenta cakes or creamy polenta. This side dish is easy to prepare and delicious to serve with any meal. .You can add chicken and roasted vegetables to a creamy polenta or sprinkle some cream shrimp on top. People should try polenta as a base for a main dish, as a side dish, or just as a dessert.
Basic Ingredients for polenta recipe by martha Stewart
- Half teaspoon olive poil olive olive oil
- Half small diced small onion yellow
- Two minced cloves garlic
- Six cups chicken stock, vegetable or water
- Two cups ground yellow cornmeal
- Two ounces unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper for your taste
How do you make polenta recipe by martha Stewart
Place the olive oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Cook the onions for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook the garlic for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- The stock should be added to the saucepan and brought to boil.
Continue to stir the cornmeal. After this,Reduce the heat to low now continue stirring until the polenta becomes al dente , approximately fifteen to twonty minutes.
To finish the polenta, add butter, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
- Cook another 3 to 5 minutes.
We hope enjoy this polenta recipe by martha Stewart and serve hot. This Recipes is very favorite in my mother and we hope you enjoy this recipe.