James martin quick puff pastry recipe
Basic Ingredients for James martin quick puff pastry recipe
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cold butter cubed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Half teaspoon vanilla extract
- One egg yolk
- One tablespoon of cold water (or more, if necessary)
- One can, pumpkin puree canned or homemade two eggs + one egg yolk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- One teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional: Whip cream to serve
How do you make James martin quick puff pastry recipe
- In your food processor process flour, sugar, and salt. After this, Pulse in the cubed butter until you get crumbs. Process until the dough is formed. Add egg yolk and cold water. Do not overmix
- Transfer the dough onto a work surface. After this, Roll it into a ball and then flatten it into a disc. Cover the dough with plastic and let it rest for one hour. roll the dough out on a floured surface. After this, Dust the top of your dough with flour. Roll the dough until it is approximately 1/8 inches thick.
- Transfer the dough to an eight-inch (23-24cm), pie pan. Place the dough evenly on the bottom of the pan and along the sides. Take out the excess dough from the top of your pan. While making the filling, chill in the refrigerator.
- Make the filling while you wait: In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and both sugars until smooth. Mix in pumpkin puree, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 420F (215C). 5. Bake the crust for 15 minutes with the pumpkin mixture. Then reduce the heat to 350F (170C), and bake for 35-45 mins, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cooling completely before you serve. Notes As necessary, cover the edges of the pie dough with a pie crust shield to prevent them from over-browning.
Allow the pie to cool completely before serving * Can be made from canned pumpkin puree or homemade, but not sweetened.