James Martin recipe for spaghetti bolognese
Here’s my version of Spaghetti Bolognese. Spaghetti Bolognese can be made quickly and tastes great. Make a large batch to freeze. This Spaghetti Bolognese recipe will show you how to make it.
Basic Ingredients for James Martin recipe for spaghetti bolognese
- One Onion
- three Carrots
- Three Stalks of Celery
- One Tbsp Olive Oil
- 500g Beef Mince
- 500g Pork Mince
- Half teaspoon salt
- Half tsp pepper
- 125ml Red Wine
- Two Tbsp Tomato Paste
- One teaspoon Oregano
- 2 14oz | 400g Tins Tomatoes
- 250ml Water Spaghetti Parmesan Cheese
How do you make James Martin recipe for spaghetti bolognese
- Finely chop the celery, carrot, and onion. Place the oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Stir fry the celery, carrot, and onion for about 3-5 minutes or until translucent. After this, turn the heat up and add the minced meat. To crumble the meat, use a wooden spoon. When meat is browned, season it with salt and pepper. Then add the red wine. Reduce the quantity by half.
- Now Reduce heat to medium, and then add the tomato paste. Mix everything until well combined Mix the water with the tomatoes, and then add in the flour.
After this, Turn down the heat and cover with a cap.
- Allow simmering for at least 30 minutes. Serve with spaghetti and parmesan cheese. Notes This bolognese can be used to make lasagne and other dishes.
- Allow it to simmer for 30 minutes, but leave it on low heat for eight hours if possible. I make large batches and store the rest in the freezer for when it rains.