James Martin recipe for quiche Lorraine
Basic Ingredients for James Martin recipe for quiche lorraine
- 4 cups of cake & pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature. Cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup of cool water
- 2 eggs
How do you make James Martin recipe for quiche lorraine
- The flour, salt, and butter should be placed in a large bowl. Mix in the butter using an electric mixer or on medium-low speed until it is completely incorporated into the flour.
- This will give the dough a sandy texture, which is the opposite of traditional North American pie crust techniques.
- In a large bowl mi,x the eggs and water with a whisker now add it to the flour. Only mix until the dough has a shaggy texture, but not too much. The dough should not be shaped or handled. Instead, place it in a small bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Let the batter sit for at least 2 hours before storing it in the refrigerator.
- Spread the shaggy dough on a work surface. Use your hands to bring the dough together by folding in the crumbles and crumbs. After this, Divide the dough into 2 pieces and form it into discs.
- The dough can now be rolled, wrapped, chilled, or frozen to be used in other recipes.
LEEK & GRUYERE QUICHE
- Half-recipe savory pie dough
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) chopped leeks, white or light green portion only
- 1 cup (80g) coarsely grated Gruyere cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups (400mL) whipping Cream Nutmeg can be pinch grated pinch salt & pepper
- First of all, Roll out the pastry to about 1/4-inch thickness on a floured surface. After dusting the pastry with flour, line a fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
Trim any excess dough. The pastry should be chilled for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C). Place the chilled pastry shell onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. To prevent air pockets from developing, pierce the crust’s bottom with a fork. Cover the crust with foil.
- Fill the shell with beans or raw rice (or pie weights). Bake the crust for 10 min, then take out the foil and weights and bake another 10 minutes. The crust will brown only at the edges, which is less than traditional pie crust.
Let the crust cool before you prepare the filling.
- The oven temperature should be reduced to 350 F (180 C). Now Heat the butter in a pan on medium heat. Add the leeks and sautee for 10 minutes.
Spread the leeks on the crust, then top it with grated Gruyere.
- Allowthe mixture to slowly be poured into the crust. Bake the quiche for 40-45 minutes or until it is no longer wobbly when lightly moved. Now Let the quiche cool completely before cutting and serving. Then, warm the quiche in a 300 F (140 C oven) for 30 minutes before you serve.