mary berry yellow split pea soup
Basic ingredients for mary berry yellow split pea soup
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/8 cup good olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups medium diced carrots (3-4 carrots)
- 1 cup medium -diced red boiling potato, unpeeled (3 small), 1 pound dried split peas 8 cups chicken broth or water
How to make mary berry yellow split pea soup
- On medium heat, heat the oil, olive oil, oregano, and salt in a 4-quart stockpot. Sauté the onion and garlic until translucent. Add the potatoes, carrots, half a pound of split peas, and chicken stock.
- Bring to boil and simmer covered for 40 minutes. While cooking, skim off any foam. Continue to cook the remainder of the split peas for 40 minutes or until they are tender. To prevent the solids from burning at the bottom, stir frequently. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.