mary berry zesty lemon yoghurt cake
Basic ingredients for mary berry zesty lemon yoghurt cake
- 125g butter, room temperature
- 11/4 cups (2275g), caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 Coles Brand Australian free-range eggs
- 1/3 cup (80ml), milk
- 1/2 cup (170g), Greek-style yogurt
- 3 lemons, vested
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar, extra Lemonicing
- 1 cup (163g) icing sugar mixture
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
How to make mary berry zesty lemon yoghurt cake
- First Preheat your oven to 180°C. Now Line a loaf pan 10cm x 22cm in size with baking paper.
- After this, In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, and grated lemon zest until light and creamy.
- Now Mix in these eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition. Mix in the milk, flour, and yogurt in two batches until well combined. Place the batter in the prepared pan.
- Smoothen the surface. After this, Bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Now Allow cooling in the pan for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack.
- To make the lemon frosting, combine the icing sugar and the sugar in a small bowl.
- Add enough lemon juice to form a smooth paste. Spread the icing on top of the cake. In a small bowl, combine the extra caster sugar and lemon zest. Mix the lemon zest and sprinkle on top of the cake. Allow cooling. Cut into slices.