twice baked potatoes
Basic ingredients for twice baked potatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons salet
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 chopped crisp cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 stick melted unsalted butter Sea salt and to taste
How to make twice baked potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the olive oil with 3 tablespoons salt in a bowl.
- Each potato should be coated in olive oil and sea salt. There will be plenty of oil and salt leftover.
- Bake the potatoes for 60 minutes on a parchment-lined cookie sheet tray. Let the potatoes cool down slightly before you remove them. Reduce the sides by cutting off half of them or three quarters.
- Mix the potato mixture in a bowl. Add the cheese, bacon, and green onions to the bowl. Use the paddle attachment to mix the ingredients in a stand mixer on low speed. Keep some bacon and cheese on the side.
- Use a spoon to stuff each potato shell with the mixed stuffing. Place the potatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet tray.
- Add the remaining 1/2 stick of butter and the bacon, cheese, and other ingredients to the bowl.
- Now Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 mins or until golden brown.
- Garnish the dish with any remaining green onions or chopped chives. Chef Notes: These can be made up to two days in advance.