mary berry upside down rhubarb cake
Rhubarb Upside Down Cake Recipe This delicious white vanilla cake is topped with red rhubarb. It bakes upside-down. Although this cake is easy to make, it takes a lot of time. You can serve it warm or cold with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Basic ingredients for mary berry upside down rhubarb cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 Tablespoon Butter
- Red food coloring
- 4 Cups finely diced Rhubarb
- 1 (18.25 Oz.) pkg. White cake mix
- Eggs, oil, and water according to the cake mix package.
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream is optional.
How to make mary berry upside down rhubarb cake
- To our finely chopped rhubarb, we will add 6 tablespoons of butter and a cup of sugar. If you wish, a few drops of red food coloring. The food coloring will give the rhubarb a nice, reddish look because it turns brown as it cooks.
- We’ll now spread the rhubarb mixture in a greased 9×13″ pan. This is the Rada Stoneware Rectangular Baking Pan. It is all I use. You don’t burn food in it, and it even heats. I have already prepared a white cake mix according to the instructions. This will be poured over the rhubarb mixture.
- Your oven should be preheated at 375 degrees. This will be placed in the oven. Our rhubarb upside-down cake is now out of the oven. After 3 minutes, I turned it upside-down onto a platter.
- It can be served warm. It is beautiful and can be served warm with whipped topping or ice cream.