upside down pear cake
Basic ingredients for upside down pear cake
- 2 large pear
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cup (200g), baking flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons (50g) butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
How to make upside down pear cake
- Mix 2 eggs at room temperature with sugar until combined. Combine oil, milk, and vanilla extract. Now Mix in the sifted flour, baking powder, and milk. cut the pears. I used the bosc variety.
- After this, In a saucepan, heat brown sugar and butter. Boil the caramel for three minutes at medium heat. It is important not to burn it. Place parchment paper on the bottom. Butter the sides.
- Now The brown sugar and butter mixture should be added straight to the pan. It should not cool off as it can become too hard.
- Place the cake batter on top. Now Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes. The oven will determine the cooking time. Do not wait for the cake to cool before you invert it. It will stick to its bottom. Use a knife to remove the edges. Place the cake on a plate. Remove parchment paper. Cut into wedges.