ultimate roast veg
Basic ingredients for ultimate roast veg
- 1 kg fresh medium-red delight potatoes, halved. (See tip) Woolworths Select Sea Salt Grinder
- 1.25kg fresh Kent pumpkin, unpeeled, seeds removed
- 350g fresh mini parsnips
- 350g packet fresh carrots, chopped into 5cm pieces, halved crossways. 1/4 cup Woolworths Select Australian extra Virgin Olive Oil 1x10g packet fresh rosemary, leaves removed
How to make ultimate roast veg
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C fans forced Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Add potatoes to a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Season with salt. Cover and bring to a boil.
- After this, Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender when tapped with a skewer. Drain.
- Add potatoes to the saucepan. Cover the saucepan with a lid and shake vigorously.
- Place the garlic, potatoes, and pumpkin in a large lightly greased roasting pan. Then place the carrots and parsnips into another large, lightly-greased roasting pan. Use the oil to drizzle over the vegetables. Sprinkle the rosemary over and coat.
- Place the potatoes and the carrots on the top shelf of the oven. Bake for 45 minutes and turn the vegetables once. The carrots should be removed from the pan. Bake the pumpkin and potatoes for another 10-15 minutes, until they are golden and crispy. Transfer the mixture to a large plate. Season and serve.
- Tips:Red delight potatoes can be used for baking, roasting, and salad. Because of their thin, papery skin, you don’t need to peel them if time is short. Woolworths also sells 1kg bags of baby red delight potatoes.
- To remove excess moisture, shake the potatoes in the saucepan. This creates crispy, crunchy potatoes.
- You can line an older roasting pan with baking paper to keep the potatoes from sticking.