ultimate quiche Lorraine
Basic ingredients for ultimate quiche lorraine
- 1 1/4 cups (160g), all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g), salt
- 1/2 tsp (3) sugar
- 1/2 cup (113g), unsalted butter, chilled. Cut into small pieces 3-4 tablespoons (45-60ml). Ice water
- Filling:8 oz (225g), bacon cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp (3.5g) salt
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (120g), heavy cream
- 1 cup (100%) grated gruyere cheese
How to make ultimate quiche lorraine
- Make the crust:Mix flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Now Use a pastry blender or a fork to incorporate butter until you get crumbs. Stir in the water until it is incorporated.
- Wrap this dough in plastic wrap and shape it into a rectangle. Refrigerate for one hour.
- After this, Roll the dough out to an 8x16in (20x40cm), rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Now Place the rolled dough in a tart pan 5x14in (12X36cm). Press the edges. The excess dough can be trimmed. Now Use a fork to poke the shell and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- After this, Line the shell with parchment and then fill it with pie weights, beans, or other suitable items. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Bake for another 10 minutes, then remove the weights and parchment paper.
- Allow it to cool down on a cooling rack.
- Make the filling. Then cook the bacon on medium heat until crispy. Drain on paper towels and remove the bacon.
- Mix the eggs in a medium bowl with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix in the cream and milk. Stir until combined.
- Spread the grated cheese and cooked bacon over the crust. Spread the egg mixture on top of the cheese.
- Bake for between 30-40 minutes, or until golden and set. Transfer the mixture to a cooling rack and let cool down slightly before serving.