mary berry ultimate carrot cake
Basic ingredients for mary berry ultimate carrot cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oils (or grapeseed oil or canola oil)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened chunky applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups carrots, diced (about 5 small ones)
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil (or canola oil, grapeseed oil, etc.)
- For the cream cheese frosting: 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
How to make mary berry ultimate carrot cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease three 8-inch round cake pans using a nonstick spray.
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Mix eggs, oil, vanilla, and applesauce in a small bowl.
- Mix egg mixture with flour mixture until well combined. Add the carrots, pineapple, and walnuts.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. After this, Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Allow cooling.
- After this, the cakes are cool to the touch place butter and cream cheese into a stand mixer fitted equipped with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium-low speed for 3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Now Slowly add the powdered sugar while the mixer is on low. Mix on medium speed until fluffy and light, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Place one of the cooled cakes on a plate or cake stand. Spread 3/4 cup frosting. Add another layer of frosting. Spread 3/4 cup frosting. Finish by topping with the final layer.
- Spread remaining frosting on top and sides of the cake using an icing spatula. Make decorative swirls with frosting if necessary. Place chopped walnuts along each side’s bottom edge. The cake can be kept covered in the fridge for up to three days. Serve at room temperature