steak and kidney pie recipe
Basic ingredients for steak and kidney pie recipe
- 4 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 150g butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oils
- 700g chuck steak, cubed 250g renal, 1 onion, chopped finely 1 cup cornflour
- 6 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 egg
How tto make steak and kidney pie recipe
- lightly beaten Heat oil in a pan, and fry onions until soft. Combine the meat and kidney. Add the parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to boil the stock and Worcestershire sauce. Reduce heat and simmer.
- Add the cornflour to a bowl. Then, add the water. Blend until smooth. Mix in the meat mixture with the kidney mixture. Continue to mix until broth thickens.
- Take off the heatproof plate. In a mixer, combine flour, butter, and salt until you have a soft dough. Knead for between 5-10 minutes. Cut 1/3 of the dough for the top.
- The 3/4-inch dough should be rolled out to fit the base and sides of a 1.5-liter casserole.
- The kidney mixture should be added to the dish. The pastry should be rolled to fit the pie.
- Use a fork to pinch the pastry onto the pie. Finally, brush the pastry with an egg.
- Now Bake at 180C for 40-50mins, or until golden brown and cooked through.