mary berry pasta prosciutto
It could be called a Mushroom cream sauce pasta recipe. Our home-cured prosciutto was used, but any other cured pork such as pancetta, bacon, or guanciale will work well. This quick and easy pasta recipe is great for weeknights. It only requires a few ingredients. This recipe uses bowtie pasta but you can use any type of pasta.
Basic ingredients for mary berry pasta prosciutto
- 30mL (2 Tbsp), olive oil
- 85g (3 Ounces), thinly sliced prosciutto
- 500g (1 pound), mixed mushrooms, finely chopped 2-3 shallots, 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- Salt to taste
- 250mL (1 Cup) Chicken stock or broth
- 500g (1 Liter) Bow tie pasta or similar 175mL ( 3/4 cup) 35% heavy cream
How to make mary berry pasta prosciutto
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven. Fry prosciutto to a golden brown. Once the prosciutto is browned, take it out of the pan and place it in a bowl.
- Stir the shallots, mushrooms, and stock into the pan. Now Continue to cook until the mushrooms are tender.
- Season with pepper and add the stock. Now Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking until the liquid has evaporated completely. After this, Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until it is just al dente.
- Now add the pasta to the pot along with the mushrooms. Stir in 1 cup of pasta cooking liquid. Continue tossing until pasta is tender and liquid has thickened slightly. Continue tossing until the pasta is coated with half the prosciutto and the cream. Season to taste. Sprinkle the remaining prosciutto on top and sprinkle some Parmesan.