smoked haddock and spinach
Basic ingredients for smoked haddock and spinach
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 200g Smoked Haddock
- 50g butter/ mild-flavored oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1/4 – 1/2 green chili, deseeded, and cut into thin rings
- 1 tsp curry paste
- 1 ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 heaped tablespoon sea salt
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- 2 medium (6-minute) hard-boiled eggs
- peeled, and cut in half
- To serve Creme fraiche
How to make smoked haddock and spinach
- First of all, Put the basmati rice in a large bowl and let it sit for a few minutes under running water. Then, drain the water off of the rice.
- Let rest for at least 30 minutes. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add the rice to the boiling water. Now Let the rice cook on medium heat for 8 minutes, covered, over low heat.
- The foam should be removed from the top. Place the fish skin-side down in a shallow saucepan over low heat and cover it with boiling water. Let the fish rest for 10 minutes.
- After it is cool enough to handle and then take it out of the water. In a large, oven-proof skillet, heat 1 tbsp butter/olive oils on low heat. Add the onion. Stir in the curry powder, chili pods, and cardamom pods. Let the onions caramelize for a few minutes before adding them to the rice. The remaining butter should be added to the saucepan.
- Mix the onions and coriander leaves into the rice. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Place the mixture in a nonstick skillet. Use a large spoon to press the mixture into a frying pan. Next, poke holes in the rice mound using a fork. Now Cover the pan with a kitchen towel, and seal the lid.
- Cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes. Steam should be visible. Any moisture that is left behind by the rice will be captured by the towel. The rice should sound like it is crackling and sizzling.
- Serve by removing the lid, placing a plate on the top, and carefully inverting it so that the rice is on the bottom. Now You can also scoop out the rice and separate the kedgeree and scatter it around the edges. Serve the cress with lemon zest, boiled egg halves, and lemon zest.