rhubarb and ginger jam mary berry
It is easy to make ginger and rhubarb jam and it tastes great on toast. This makes 3 small jars and one large.
Basic ingredients for rhubarb and ginger jam mary berry
- 450g/1lb Rhubarb
- 450g/1lb Sugar (I used granulated)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger OR 2-3 tablespoons preserved or crystallized ginger finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice (do NOT add if you are using sugar with added sugar).
How to make rhubarb and ginger jam mary berry
- Clean the rhubarb, and remove any impurities. The rhubarb should be cut into 1.5cm pieces (about half an inch).
- Combine the rhubarb with the sugar and lemon in a bowl. Mix well. Remember If you are using ginger, add it now. Allow it to stand for approximately 2 hours. Place the contents of the bowl in a large saucepan or preserving pan. To dissolve the sugar, heat the mixture on medium-low heat. After the sugar has been dissolved, bring the mixture to a boil and heat it until it reaches the setting point (watch the video to learn more).
- Add the mixture to the warm jars. To seal the jars, place a waxed paper or plastic disk with the wax facing down. Secure the lid and wipe the sides clean.
- eat and enjoy.