Basic ingredients for eclair recipe
- 150g Milk
- 150g Water
- 160g Unsalted butter (cut into pieces)
- 160g All Purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoon Sugar
- 0.75 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Paste or Vanilla Extract
- 5 eggs (large) Craquelin dough
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 100g Brown Sugar
- 100g All-Purpose Flour
How to make eclair recipe
- First of all, combine butter and sugar in a bowl until well combined. Add flour. Mix the flour until it forms a ball.
- Now Cover the dough and let it rest for at least a couple of hours. Knead the chilled dough a few times. Place the dough on two silicone mats. Now The dough should be rolled into a rectangle about 2mm thick.
- The rectangle should be slightly wider than 12 cm (5 inches). It doesn’t matter how long. The top silicone mat should be removed. Cut the dough into strips of 2.5 cm (1 inch) using a pastry cutter.
- Freeze the dough until you are ready to use it. Frozen craquelin dough can be placed directly on unbaked eclairs. You can place the frozen craquelin dough directly onto unbaked eclairs if it becomes too soft or sticky or breaks easily.