rutland lamb recipe
Basic ingredients for rutland lamb recipe
- 1 leg of bone-in lamb, approximately 7-8 pounds
- 10 to more garlic cloves, chopped into slivers
- 2 onion, quartered with salt (about one teaspoon per pound), freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons dried crushed Oregano
- How to make rutland lamb recipe:- Preheat the oven to 350°F and 180°F. Cut slits in the lamb’s leg with a sharp knife. Stick the garlic slivers in the slits. Place the lamb in an oven-proof pan.
- Now Mix the olive oil and lemon juice and drizzle it over the lamb. Season the lamb with salt, pepper, and oregano on both sides. The onions and rosemary sprigs should be added to the pan. Add the water to the pan. The lamb should be covered with parchment paper.
- Cover it with aluminum foil. Bake the meat for about 3-4 hours, or until it is almost falling off the bone. Place the foil and parchment on the pan and return it to the oven.
- Broil the pan for between 5-10 minutes, or until it is golden. It is important to keep an eye on the lamb so it doesn’t burn. Serve the lamb with roasted lemony potatoes,
- Mediterranean Rice pilaf, and tzatziki.
- Notes Marinate the meat and then insert the garlic cloves one day before you serve it. It should be refrigerated. Let the meat come to room temperature before roasting.