mary berry cottage pie recipe with leeks
Basic ingredients for mary berry cottage pie recipe with leeks
- Leftover Chicken 4 small peppers or 1 medium leek
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
- 1 to 2 Teaspoons Garam Maala Optional Chicken stock
- 1 can of Sweetcorn
- 1 Tablespoon oil for frying Leeks and Peppers Potatoes for Mash Seasoning to taste
- 2 cups of freshly grated Cheddar cheese butter for mashed potatoes
How to make mary berry cottage pie recipe with leeks
- Remove bones and skin from your leftover Chicken. Chop the small peppers. Cut the ends of the Leeks using a knife. Then run the leeks under cold water to get rid of any dirt or sand.
- Cut the Leeks into small pieces. After this, Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a large skillet. Add the peppers and Garam Masala to the pan. Finally, add the cooked chicken. Mix the Worcestershire Sauce and Tomato Ketchup well.
- Add the Canned Sweetcorn mix. If you like, add hot water or Chicken Stock. Now Allow simmering for 10 minutes on low heat. At this point, you will need to drain the potatoes and add 1 Tablespoon of Butter to season the potatoes. Mash the potatoes until smooth.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of grated Cheddar Cheese to the pan. Place the chicken in a casserole dish. Add the Mashed Potatoes to the top. Finely chop the remaining cheese. Now Bake at 200°C for 20-30 minutes, or until golden.