mary berry rhubarb and ginger crumble
We made wonderful rhubarb ginger crumble. It was healthy with coconut sugar and delicious with ginger.
Basic ingredients for mary berry rhubarb and ginger crumble
- 75g unsalted butter
- 80g coconut or brown sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, scraped out 2 apples, in syrup, chopped
- 200g flour
- 100g cold butter
- 85g caster sugar/coconut Sugar cut into cubes
- 85g Jumbo rolled oatmeal
- 85g caster sugar/coconut
How to make mary berry rhubarb and ginger crumble
- Bake at 160F/gas 4. Make the crumble topping. Add butter and flour to create a breadcrumb-like texture. Combine the oats, sugar, and mix.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until it becomes lightly golden and crispy. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the coconut sugar, and vanilla seeds and stir.
- Stir in the rhubarb, ginger, and apple. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat until the apples are slightly broken down. Allow it to cool down slightly. Place the filling in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping on top. After this, Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. Enjoy warm with custard or clotted cream.