rhubarb and ginger crumble
Basic ingredients for rhubarb and ginger crumble
- Rhubarb, 700 grams, trimmed and sliced into pieces of 2 inches
- Finely chopped 3 pieces of preserved stem ginger in syrup
- 1 orange zest
- Stem ginger syrup, 2 tablespoons
- Demerara sugar, 25g
- Self-rising flour, 280g
- Demerara sugar 280g
- Butter, diced, 200g
- Flaked almonds, 50g
- Oats, 50g
How to make rhubarb and ginger crumble
- PREPARE THE RHUBARBS:Stir the ginger, orange zest, ginger syrup, and sugar into the rhubarb and bake at 150°C for 45 minutes.
- Make The Topping:Add the flaked almonds and oats to the flour, sugar, and butter in a bowl. Rub the butter into the flour and sugar.
- BAKE:In the oven, bake the rhubarb until golden brown on top after about 50 minutes.