treacle spiced traybake recipe
Basic ingredients for treacle spiced traybake recipe
- 115g butter,
- 125g honey
- 100g black treacle
- 75g hard dark brown sugar
- 50g Asda ginger preserve
- 115g Asda self-rising flour
- 1/2 level tsp bicarbonate of- soda
- 2 level-tsp mixed spices
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 100ml of milk
How to make treacle spiced traybake recipe
- Pre-heat oven to 160C/140C Fan/Gas3. Bake a loaf pan or a square cake pan of 18 cm in thickness with baking paper. Now Heat the butter, golden syrup, and treacle in a saucepan until it melts.
- Remember The mixture should be warm but not too hot. To ensure that the mixture does not boil, keep an eye on the saucepan.
- Now In a large bowl, combine the flours, bicarbonate soda, ginger, and mixed spice.
- Mix the eggs and milk and then add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Now Mix the ingredients until they are well combined, but do not beat them. Bake for approximately an hour, or until the mixture rises. Let cool on a wire.