mary berry tomato and red pepper soup
Basic ingredients for mary berry tomato and red pepper soup
- 2 1/4 lb (1kg) tomatoes
- 2 red bell and red peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic head (8-8 garlic cloves), skin on oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups (480ml), chicken stock
- Fresh basil 1 teaspoon (1g) oregano Cheese toasts 1 baguette
- 1 cup (100g), cheddar cheese, grated Dried Oregano Garlic powder
How to make mary berry tomato and red pepper soup
- Pre-heat oven to 400F (200C). Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Slice the tomatoes in quarters, the red pepper into small pieces, and the onion into wedges.
- Place the garlic cloves in a bowl and let them rest on the skin.
- Season with salt, pepper, and drizzle olive oil.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. After this, the baking is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool. To make the cheese toast, leave the oven on.
- Blend the vegetables and juice in a bowl. Add the garlic flesh to the blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add the chicken stock to the soup. Bring to boil.
- While the cheese toasts are being made, prepare them. Slice the baguette into slices and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Each slice should be sprayed or drizzled with olive oil. Sprinkle grated cheese over the top. Sprinkle with dried oregano and garlic powder. Bake for 5-10 minutes at 400F (200C), or until cheese is melted.
- Warm the soup, garnish with cream and basil leaves and serve it with cheese toasts. Enjoy!