mary berry puff pastry mince pies
It is delicious and simple to make sweet mince. Once you have it ready, you can use ready-rolled puff pastry for the cases. These vegan sweet mince pies/tarts will smell and taste like Christmas. By. The sound stopped working so I had to stop it. Bake the mince pies at 200° Celcius for 24 mins until they are golden brown.
Basic ingredients for mary berry puff pastry mince pies
- 200g dark muscovado sugar (or demerara + two Tbps molasses)
- 2 large Bramley apples were peeled and ground
- 80 g dried dates
- 700 g mixed dried fruits (I use a mixture of raisins, sultanas, and dried cranberries)
- 1 lemon, zest, juice 2 oranges, juice
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger ginger
- 1 tsp clove
How tto make mary berry puff pastry mince pies
- Layout your puff pastry ready to go. The sheet should be 3mm thick and measure 38cm x 45cm. Give the pastry a good shake. Cut out 22 rounds of pastry using a 9 cm cookie cutter.
- Turn them over. Now, take one-half of the tops and one-half of the bottoms. Take a tray of baking paper and place half on it. Place the half-finished product on a baking sheet
- Take a piping bag containing sweet mincemeat
- Pipe about 50g sweet mincemeat on the bottoms of the pastry
- It should be incorporated into the middle of your pastry. Spray water on the pastry to seal it. Put the tops on. Make sure they are even
- A smaller cutter can seal them down. Place the smaller cutter on top of the pie and press down
- Make sure that the pie seals well
- With a kitchen knife, make a hole in the tops. Spray water on top. Dip into granulated sugar
- The mince pie should now be allowed to rest for at least one hour.
- Ready for baking 22 Bake the pies for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200degC/400degF
- Bake the mince pies for 24 minutes. Bravo bakers! Now cool on a cooling wire