spinach and ricotta cannelloni mary berry
This colorful and delicious dish is perfect for those who love Italian food.
Basic ingredients for spinach and ricotta cannelloni mary berry
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- Two garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- One pack (2250g) cannelloni 1 1/2 cup ricotta.
- 50g (1/2 cup) grated Parmesan
- Half tsp salt
for the filling
- 1/4 tsp black pepper zest
- one Lemon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg 1 Jar (400 grams) homemade tomato sauce or tomato sauce
- 250g (2 1/4 cups) fresh mozzarella
how tto make spinach and ricotta cannelloni mary berry
- First of all, Bring large quantities of water to a boil.
- Fry minced garlic cloves in olive oil for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add fresh spinach and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Let cool off the pan.
- Once the spinach is cooled, chop it.
- After this, In a large bowl, combine the ricotta and chopped spinach with parmesan cheese, lemon zest.
- Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Once the water has boiled, add the cannelloni.
- Allow to cook for about 6-7 minutes, then transfer to cold water.
- Heat oven to 180C/360f
- After this, Transfer the filling to a piping bag and then fill cannelloni tubes.
- Pour 4-6 tbsp tomato sauce in a large baking dish (20x30cm/8x12in). Place the tubes side-by-side. Place the tomato sauce on top. Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese on top. Now Cover the baking dish with foil, bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.