pheasant stew recipe
This comforting dish is great for any occasion and can be made with any kind of game bird meat.
Basic ingredients for pheasant stew recipe
- Wingmen Style Filling: two cups of sliced vegetables
- One cup of green beans (fresh or frozen),
- 1/2 to one cup chopped potato
- Four cups of pheasant (cooked, cut, or shred)
- Sauce: six Tbsp butter
- 1/2 to one cup flour
- One cup of chicken broth
- 1 1/2 to two cups heavy cream
- Two chicken bullion pieces
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 pie crusts
How to make pheasant stew recipe
- First of all, Pre-heat your oven to 425°F In a saucepan, melt butter. Mix in the flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Slowly add the broth and cream. Cook for 5 minutes or until thickened and smooth.
- Place one of the pie crusts in a large pie pan. Place approximately. Place 1/2 of the vegetables and 1/2 of the pheasant in a pie pan. Half of the sauce should be covered.
- Continue until all ingredients are in a pie pan. Cover with 1/2 of the remaining pie crust. Leave enough space for crimping at the edges. For venting, cut slits into the pie crust.