marble ring cake recipe
Basic ingredients for marble ring cake recipe
- 1 cup (240g), butter, softened 2 1/2 cup (500g) sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups (3330g) sifted wheat 1 tsp (55ml),
- salt 1 tsp (55ml),
- baking soda 1 cup of sour cream (220 ml), room temp
- 8 oz (1230g) bittersweet chocolate, melted
- FOR GLAZE: 6 oz (169 g) semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped pecans
How to make marble ring cake recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350F (176C). Spray the Bundt pans with baking spray. Mix flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Now Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This should take about 5-7 minutes. Mix the butter mixture with the eggs one at a time. To quickly warm eggs up to room temperature, you can place them in a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes while butter is being whipped together.
- To ensure that eggs are well-incorporated, add the eggs one at a time. Scrape down the bowl as necessary. After this, add the flour mixture to the batter in three parts. Add a spoonful to each sour milk. Mix everything until well combined.
- Be careful not to overmix! Now Separate the batter into 2 bowls. Stir in the melted chocolate. After this, Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter. Alternate plain and chocolate scoops will be used throughout the Bundt pan.
- This will create a second layer of batter, with alternating flavors. You will create a marble effect by running a knife around the batter balls. You should not “over swirl”, as you will ruin the marbling effect. After swirling, smoothen the batter. Bake for 45-50 minutes. After a toothpick comes out clean, it’s done. Let cool completely. Place the mold in reverse and cool on a sheet pan fitted with a cooling rack.
- GANACHE: Heat the cream and chocolate in a small saucepan. To make the chocolate drizzle more smoothly, you can add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to make it thinner.
- Let cool the cake and then spread the melted chocolate on top. Sprinkle with chopped pecans, then let it set. Now Serve with homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.