mary berry marble ring cake recipe
Basic ingredients for mary berry marble ring cake recipe
- 1 cup (240g), butter, softened 2 1/2 cup (500g) sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups (3330g) sifted wheat 1 tsp (55ml),
- salt 1 tsp (55ml),
- baking soda 1 cup of sour cream (220 ml), room temp
- 8 oz (1230g) bittersweet chocolate, melted
- FOR GLAZE: 6 oz (169 g) semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped pecans
How to make mary berry marble ring cake recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350F (176C). Spray the Bundt pans with baking spray. Mix flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Now Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This should take about 5-7 minutes. Mix the butter mixture with the eggs one at a time. To quickly warm eggs up to room temperature, you can place them in a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes while butter is being whipped together.
- To ensure that eggs are well-incorporated, add the eggs one at a time. Scrape down the bowl as necessary. After this, add the flour mixture to the batter in three parts. Add a spoonful to each sour milk. Mix everything until well combined.
- Be careful not to overmix! Now Separate the batter into 2 bowls. Stir in the melted chocolate. After this, Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter. Alternate plain and chocolate scoops will be used throughout the Bundt pan.
- This will create a second layer of batter, with alternating flavors. You will create a marble effect by running a knife around the batter balls. You should not “over swirl”, as you will ruin the marbling effect. After swirling, smoothen the batter. Bake for 45-50 minutes. After a toothpick comes out clean, it’s done. Let cool completely. Place the mold in reverse and cool on a sheet pan fitted with a cooling rack.
- GANACHE: Heat the cream and chocolate in a small saucepan. To make the chocolate drizzle more smoothly, you can add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to make it thinner.
- Let cool the cake and then spread the melted chocolate on top. Sprinkle with chopped pecans, then let it set. Now Serve with homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy this mary berry marble ring cake recipe.