mary berry malted chocolate cake recipe
Basic Ingredients for mary berry malted chocolate cake recipe:-
- 30g malted chocolate beverage powder, such as Ovaltine
- 30g cocoa powder
- 225g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 225g caster sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
For your icing:-
- 3 tbsp melted chocolate beverage powder
- Inch 1/2 tablespoon hot milk
- 250g icing sugar, plus additional for dusting
- 50g Chocolate Brown (at 50 percent cocoa solids), melted
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- Around 20 Maltesers, to Embellish
How to make mary berry malted chocolate cake recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180° celsius dust four the tins with butter and line the foundations with the baking paper.
- Quantify the malted chocolate drink powder and cocoa powder into a massive bowl, pour over two tablespoons of plain water, and mix to a paste. Insert the rest of the ingredients and beat until smooth
- Split equally between the prepared tins and bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes. Put aside from the tins to cool for five minutes, then come out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, measure the malted chocolate into a bowl, add the milk and then blend until smooth. Insert the butter, icing sugar melted butter, and then mix again till smooth, add the boiling water to offer a glow into this icing.
- Put a cake onto the plate and disperse on half the icing. Sandwich with the flip cake and disperse (or tube ) the rest of the glue on the top, utilizing the tip of a curved palette knife to create a swirled result from the middle towards the border of the cake. Order the Maltesers within the very top and dust with icing sugar before serving.