dutch apple cake recipe
Perfect for dessert onto a cool autumn evening, served warm with a bit of vanilla ice cream pure paradise!
Basic Ingredients for dutch apple cake recipe:-
- 1 – 9″ pastry pie crust pan
- 3 lbs apples (I use Gala but Typically use Golden Delicious or Granny Smith)
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp margarine or butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make dutch apple cake recipe?
- Get a single pastry pie crust in a 9″ glass baking dish. You may either create your own or use a premade crust. Establish aside.
- Peel, core, and slice your apples and put in a large bowl full of drinking water and lemon juice.
- In a massive pot, melt margarine or butter. Add in sugars and stir to combine. In the event, the mix is dry, put in 1 Tbsp water to create it a fluid. Insert in remaining ingredients and combine nicely. Drain the apple pieces and add to the butter and sugar mix. Gently blend the apples with the sauce sure not to break up the apple pieces. Pour mix into the prepared pie shell.
For the topping:-
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp margarine or butter, melted
Blend the dry skin. Add in melted butter or margarine and combine till mixture is crumbly and carefully merge.
Evenly disperse the mixture on the pie, which makes sure that it is all of the ways to the advantages.
Put dish and simmer for a quarter-hour and turn the heat down to 350* and bake for an extra 35-45 minutes.
Alternatively you can bypass the Dutch topping and make a conventional apple pie by placing another pastry pie crust onto the most effective. First of all, Roll out dough to the ten-inch diameter and put it onto the surface of the plate following filling apple mix. Crimp the borders and then cut forty-eight portholes at the top crust to let excess vapor outside. Now Brush with a beaten egg and sprinkle with additional sugar should you proceed this route and Bake as directed previously.