mary berry macaroni cheese with bacon
Basic ingredients for mary berry macaroni cheese with bacon
- 1/2 lb bacon,
- diced 5 cloves garlic,
- minced 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh chives,
- chopped 1/2 cup fresh parsley,
- chopped 4 tablespoons of butter
- 5 cups whole milk
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
How to make mary berry macaroni cheese with bacon
- Add the bacon to a large, cold pot. Cook the bacon on medium heat until crispy and all the fat is rendered. Add the garlic, breadcrumbs, chives, and parsley.
- Stir until the breadcrumbs are toasty, approximately 5 minutes. Take the pot out of the heat. Add the milk, elbow macaroni, and salt to a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir until the pasta is tender. 7-10 minutes. To avoid a scorched bottom, stir constantly to ensure the pasta is well-mixed. Turn off the heat once the noodles have been cooked.
- Mix in the butter and sharp cheddar. Fold the ingredients together until the cheese is melted into the milk. Serve with the bread crumb mix. Enjoy!