mary berry baked rice pudding
Basic ingredients for mary berry baked rice pudding
- 1 Lt full-cream milk
- 400g sugar (to your taste)
- 10 yolks 250g rice, shot grain
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of lemon rind, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pastry: 1 glass of milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon self-raising flour Plain flour
How to make mary berry baked rice pudding
- Make pudding: Heat the milk in a saucepan. Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Add the mixture to the milk. Stir in the lemon rind, cinnamon, nutmeg, and heat slowly until the mixture thickens. Do not allow the mixture to become lumpy. Boil a saucepan of boiling water. Now Cook the rice for about 10 to 15 minutes or until it is cooked. Drain. Mix the milk and rice. Bake in a medium oven at 190C for 10 minutes, or until the rice is golden brown.
- Pastry: Combine all ingredients and mix well. Knead in plain flour one at a time until the dough is firm. Place on a baking tray and roll out. Spread the custard mixture over it. You can use a small amount of the dough to decorating the top.