mary berry lemon crunch flan
Basic ingredients for mary berry lemon crunch flan
- One box of yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cups water
- Half cup oil
- One teaspoon of Lemon extract
- Three eggs whisked
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- Whipped cream Frosting: two cups Heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon 1 package lemon extract Heath bits
- 1 container of Lemon curd
How to make mary berry lemon crunch flan
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Mixes the cake mixture in a large bowl. Now add oil, water, egg yolks, and lemon juice.
- After this, Mix for one minute or until well combined. Combine egg whites with cream of tartar in a separate bowl.
- Beat until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold egg whites into the cake batter.
- Fold in the egg whites until they are fully combined. Now Combine the mixture in two 8-inch round pans, floured and greased.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until done. Let the cakes cool on racks for 30 to 35 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the lemon extract, powdered sugar, and whipped cream.
- Layer the lemon curd layer on top of the cake. Then, add the whipped cream frosting. Finally, add the Heath Bar bits and whipped cream frosting.
- Place a layer of lemon curd on the second cake, and flip it over so that the whipped cream frosting is on top. Now Frost the rest with the whipped cream frosting. Place the Heath toffee pieces around the edges and on top. Now Allow cooling in the fridge for three hours.