crunch top lemon cake
This lemon crunch cake is delicious and must be tried. It is very tangy, but you will not find a better cake.
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Splash yellow food coloring (optional)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sugar to top the cake batter
How to make crunch top lemon cake
- Mix the sugar, lemon zest, and butter in a bowl. Add the buttermilk and yellow food coloring.
- Whisk until combined. Now Pour the batter into a lined baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar on top. After this, Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until the cake is cooked. Let cool.