joe lycett chicken pie
This British classic is perfect for a complete meal. It’s traditionally made from red meat. This is a layered pie of meat and potatoes that is baked, sliced, and then served.
Basic ingredients for joe lycett chicken pie
- Olive oil 1 tbsp Garlic,
- 4 cloves Onion
- 2 Chicken mince 250gms
- Tomato puree 1/2 cup
- Parsley 1 tbsp
- Butter 1 knob
- Boil potato 3
- Cream 20 ml
- Egg 1
How to make joe lycett chicken pie
- Boil the potatoes, then grate them and set them aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a Meyer Prism frypan and add the chopped garlic.
- Next, saute the chopped onions. Next, add the minced chicken to the pan. When the chicken is half cooked, add the tomato puree, seasoning, and parsley. Now let it simmer until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Keep it aside. Now Melt butter in another saucepan and add cream.
- After this, Add the potatoes to the saucepan and mix it all until you have smooth, lump-free potatoes.
- Spread the chicken layer on a baking sheet. Spread the potatoes over the chicken layer.
- Brush the egg wash over the potatoes. Now Bake it for 15 minutes at 200°C until a golden crust forms.
- Slice and enjoy.