mary berry jewelled couscous salad
Basic ingredients for mary berry jewelled couscous salad
- 500g couscous
- 500ml Water
- 3 generous tablespoons of olive Oil
- 75g dried cherries
- 125g dry ready-to-eat apricots, roughly chopped into 1cm pieces
- 100g Pistachios These can be dipped in boiling water to remove skins, but this is not recommended.
How to make mary berry jewelled couscous salad
- Put the couscous in a heat-proof bowl. Then, bring the water to a boil and add the salt.
- Once the water has boiled add the water to the couscous. Next, add the olive oil and stir it. Finally, cover the bowl with clingfilm. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Take off the clingfilm. Using a fork, break apart the couscous. It should be the consistency of fine breadcrumbs. Mix half of the dried fruits and pistachios. After this, sprinkle the remaining nuts and dried fruit over the mixture and serve.
- You can make this ahead of time and heat it in the microwave if you wish.
Notice: To make couscous ready for eating, you should use the same volume of water as the volume of couscous. Remember Do not add too much water, as it can become spongy and difficult to eat.