garlic and herb chicken casserole
Mama Bear’s sister wanted to know how we made our chicken casserole. We explained that the casserole pot will be available as autumn draws in. This is a delicious and easy recipe.
Basic ingredients for garlic and herb chicken casserole
- 4 portions of chicken (legs or legs) were washed and dried with kitchen paper. 250g carrots were cut into pieces by 125g smoked bacon
- 1cm thick, 2 celery stalk sticks were also cut
- 1 tbsp butter, margarine,
- 30g plain flour
- 1 Ltr chicken stock (low salt)
- 1 bouquet garnish Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 medium potatoes were peeled and cut into large chunks. Chopped parsley was used as a garnish
How to make garlic and herb chicken casserole
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 3 or the equivalent. In a large casserole, heat oil. Cook the chicken skin-side down for 10 minutes until it is browned. Set aside.
- Cook bacon, celery, carrots, and onion over high heat until they are golden. Set aside with a slotted spoon. Add 1 tbsp butter/ margarine to make sure there is no excess fat in the casserole.
- Now Mix in flour and continue to stir for about 3-5 minutes until it is lightly browned. Slowly add chicken stock. Stir until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, then add bouquet garni.
- Add the potatoes to the chicken and then bring to boil the bacon, onion, and tomato mixture. Now Place the covered pot in the oven and cook for one hour. Serve hot with parsley and garnish Enjoy!