Basic ingredients for shortbread semolina
- 2 cups (350g), Semolina
- 1 cup (125g), All-purpose flour
- 1/4 CUP (30g), Cornstarch
- 2/3 CUP (87g), Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml), Butter
- 1/4 cup (60ml), Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Rose Water (optional),
- 1/4 cup (60ml), Milk
- 200g Medjool dates Cinnamon (optional),
- 2 tablespoons (30g) Softened
- 1 teaspoon Rosewater (optional), Butter, softened 1 teaspoon (optional
How to make shortbread semolina
- Mix the semolina, melted butter, and oil in a large bowl. Now Cover and let cool in the refrigerator for at least four hours, or overnight.
- The dough should be taken out of the refrigerator. After this, Allow the dough to rest at room temperature for between 30-60 minutes. if it is too sticky. Mix flour, cornstarch, and powdered sugar until well combined. Add salt, baking powder, and powdered sugar to the mixture. Mix well.
- Mix milk, vanilla extract, and rose water until you get a dough. Let rest for one hour. Next, form the dough into small balls. Set aside.
- Put the dates in a food processor. Blend until you get a smooth paste.
- Now Form them into small balls and place them aside.
- To make the pistachio mixture, place the pistachios and sugar in a food processor. Pulse for 10-15 seconds. Add butter and rosewater and pulse for another 10 seconds. The mixture should be shaped into small balls.
- How to make cookies. Press a dough ball into a flat shape. Place the filling on top of the dough. Wrap the filling in the dough and then roll it into a smooth, flat ball. For the chocolate making, you can just add 1-2 teaspoons of chocolate spread to the middle.
- Then, press the dough into a mould and then gently release it from the mold. You can remove the sticky dough from the mold by flouring it.
- Now Place all the cookies on a parchment-lined baking tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).
- After this, Bake the cookies for 20 minutes, or until they are lightly golden.
- Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar. Let cool before serving.