You can make your CROUTONS at home. Serve with soups and salads, or crush them to make breadcrumbs.
Basic ingredients croutons recipe
- 6 slices bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F. 6 slices bread (I used Sourdough), and let rest at room temperature for 24 hours. 1/4 cup olive oil 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt Fresh cracked black pepper Use a pastry brush to brush each side with olive oil.
- For uniform shapes, trim the ends of bread if you wish. Cut bread into desired cubed.
- Toss in cubes of bread. Toss the cubed croutons with desired salt and pepper several times over several tossings.
- In a single layer, add croutons to a flat cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.